Before and After Acupuncture
Instructions for patients
What to do before an acupuncture treatment
- Have a light meal; if this is not possible, drink some juice.
- Do not consume alcohol for 4 hours prior to the treatment.
- If possible, do not take any pain killers or tranquilizers for 4 hours prior to the treatment.
- Do take your usual medication.
What to do after an acupuncture treatment
- Avoid strenuous activity for 2 days after treatment, even if you are now pain-free.
- Rest for a few hours when you go home.
- Delay taking any pain killers or tranquilizers for 1 hour after treatment.
- Be aware that occasionally, the symptoms may become worse before there is relief.